What's your favourite of these pieces?

What makes you write?

Monday, July 26, 2010

...Dublin 2...

This poem stems from the feelings for the same person in 'My Anonymous'. And Yes he is still a stranger! :(


*Dublin 2*

Glowingly he strutted East on Grafton Street
His eyes wandering from shop window to shop floor
Clad in denim, chinos and laced brown dubarry’s
He carried two big bags, maybe one small one more
His gait confident, his frivolous face fearless

I watched in awe as perfection passed me by
I stood in wonderment once he turned to talk

He spoke with wisdom, his tone carefree
And the very first words he voiced that date
With a soft laugh he whispered ‘Were you, watching me?’
I, in that awkward moment, turned bright scarlet red
Placing his baggage upon grey ground he moved closer though

I could then feel his breathing, deepen and slow
I unhurriedly took my own breath, from what I do know

We stared copiously and examined what was of us both
The clock struck two, the bells they rung, all round
The buyers and sellers all rushed for their lunch, the
Amount of coffee and croissants encouraged a scrum
Every person was raging and screaming and loud.

However we never moved, we were two strong, all in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment